- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 7 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 76 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 86 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 89 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 90 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 98 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 105 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 107 days ago
BWAM! Captain America Smashes Flag Smasher
Taking a break from my VALIANT Comics blogging to share my LOVE for the the Gruenwald Captain America run and one of my monuments to it. For me it’s the best cap run ever, one reason being I can actually identify the character as Captain America, even if he’s not wearing the uniform. Super Patriot, U.S. Agent, Serpent Society, and ESPECIALLY Flag Smasher were my jam. I mean he – Flag Smasher – carried a MACE like he was from Angmar.
I’m a little bummed that the page I have shows him getting the beat down put on him on by Cap, but that’s just how Steve Rogers does (as people who went and saw Avengers now know). Look at the text on this page, it’s based on the grip on a mace, their other hands apparently inoperative – that’s old school comics drama! It took me longer to read this page than it did all of Nonplayer.
This page is by Paul Neary from Captain America #322, right there in the sweet spot of the run (the early 300′s to 350 were lovely). Now I need to get me a prime Super Patriot page from this run. Hit me up if you have one and want to move it!