- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 49 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 56 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 59 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 62 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 71 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 99 days ago
DARK KNIGHT RISES Batmania: Near Naked Woman in Batmobile (VIDEO)
Did I say the marketing for The Dark Knight Rises has gone too far? I’m sorry. I take it all back.
The video of a cos-play centerfold model being accosted by a traffic cop for driving the Batmobile proves that it’s not only gone too far, it’s gone right off the rails.
The tipping point is that this Batman-supermodel-traffic stop wasn’t The Dark Knight Rises marketing at all – it was an entirely different party, taking advantage of the media tsunami Christopher Nolan’s Batman closer inspired.
This has become a vicious cycle, people! I can’t tell who is taking advantage of whom anymore.
I don’t even think the model’s being taken advantage of. This “traffic stop” is about as real as Gary Busey’s sobriety. I present you Exhibit A to back up my defense:
Are you as suspicious as I am? It’s not only that the video alleges “Operating a Motor Vehicle in Improper Footwear” is the charge. Sure, that’s doubtless a traffic law in Florida. Probably one of the saner ones. But I find it hard to believe this twerp of a cop managed to spot her platform shoes while she was behind the wheel.
Besides, he’s too short. And actors as shitty as him all live in Los Feliz, not south Florida.
So where’s the bona fide Batmobile in all this? It just grew its own website. Oh, and we have to remember – it’s not called “the Batmobile” in the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy. It’s “the tumbler.” Because, you know, social media’s the hip thing.
Whatever you call that damn up-armored rust-bucket, it has its own blog: Tumbler Tours. Now we get to see all the places around America it goes in its endless quest to add another drop in the flooding bucket of The Dark Knight Rises hype.
And oh, how the bucket doth flood. Every summit of American media is getting soaked, and since the happening thing these days is the NBA playoffs, they got in some Batman-Basketball cross-promotion.
This commercial’s been screening during the games.
To paraphrase the NBA Dark Knight Rises spot, there’s a storm coming, Mr. LeBron James. A storm of Batman fast food toys, Batman soft drinks, Batman NASCAR and endless press releases. And it will drown us all until the Dark Knight Rises premiere, July 20, arrives.
Tune in next week, Bat fans, as Bane shows up on American Idol to award Philip Phillips his victory. Mark my words.