- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 8 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 91 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 93 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 106 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 108 days ago
Demi Lovato Britney Spears X-Factor Combo?
Word spread pretty quickly when pop star queen Britney Spears was announced to be joining Simon Cowell as a judge on Fox’s X Factor, and it was rumored Miley Cyrus or Demi Lovato would be asked to do the same. Surprisingly, the rumor appears to have been true because now news is circulating of Lovato’s hiring as the other judge. I honestly did not think they would go with someone so young, but I guess I must have been wrong. This certainly is a different direction. I just hope it pays off in the end, unlike the show’s first season, which ended with the firing of most of the judges and the host.
Technically this Lovato business could still just be a rumor. According to TVLine, Fox president Kevin Reilly would not confirm Lovato’s involvement, or Spears’ for that matter. It’s certainly an interesting choice to bring in the Sonny With a Chance star. Most are familiar with her troubles (specifically going to rehab for emotional and physical issues), which I guess weren’t surprising given her status as a Disney star. That bunch always seems to find themselves in trouble spots. It must be the pressures of being a role model. That can easily go to your head and psych you out. It can’t be an easy life to live, no matter who you are.
So why would Fox want her to be a judge on X Factor? She certainly doesn’t have the experience Cowell and Spears have, given her young age (she’s 19), but maybe her musical knowledge isn’t what they’re after. Maybe it’s a simple ploy to bring in a younger audience. I’m not going to pretend I have any answers. In all honesty, this doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me, but if Fox thinks it’s a good idea then we might as well let them try it out. I’m a big believer of waiting and seeing, so let’s do just that.