- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 7 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 89 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 90 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 105 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 107 days ago
Grey’s Anatomy Finale Post Mortem From Rhimes
Grey’s Anatomy aired its season 8 finale aired last night and while fans were expecting and even resigned to the fact that something big and final was going to occur, show creator Shonda Rhimes took to twitter after the finale aired across the nation to share her process in coming to the decision. Obviously if you haven’t watched the Grey’s Anatomy finale yet and plan to, don’t read on. if you have, and want to share some sense of closure, read on.
Shonda Rhimes via twitter:
WARNING. IF YOU HAVE NOT YET WATCHED THE SEASON 8 GREY’S ANATOMY FINALE, DO NOT READ THIS SUPER-LONG TWEET. Okay? Seriously. Last chance…
Okay. Callie said it best tonight: Life changes in an instant. Turns on a dime.
This finale was incredibly hard to write. I did not enjoy it. It made me sick and it made me sad. We end the season not knowing ANYTHING about the future. Except for two things. We know we are definitely saying goodbye to two of my favorite people: Chyler Leigh (Lexie) and Kim Raver (Teddy).
I know this season’s finale had some surprises for viewers and the exit of Kim Raver was one of the big ones. But Kim’s series option was up and she was ready to give Teddy Altman a much-needed vacation. It’s been a pleasure working with someone as talented and funny and kind as Kim; everyone is going to miss her terribly. I like to imagine that Teddy is still out there in the Grey’s Anatomy universe, running Army Medical Command and building a new life.
I love Chyler and I love the character of Lexie Grey. She was an important member of my Grey’s family. This was not an easy decision. But it was a decision that Chyler and I came to together. We had a lot of thoughtful discussion about it and ultimately we both decided this was the right time for her character’s journey to end. As far as I’m concerned Chyler will always remain a part of the Shondaland family and I can’t wait to work with her again in the future.
I’d write more but I’m honestly too sad. I don’t like life changing in an instant and turning on a dime.
Thanks for watching Season Eight. We are, as always, grateful that you joined us for the ride.