- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 46 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 53 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 56 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 58 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 60 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 76 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 96 days ago
New SPRING BREAKERS Pics: Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, James Franco
A flurry of photos has been Spring Breakers‘ style of media blitz. Now, we have a pictoral of what the plot is.
Considering the flick is coming out in March 2013, at the earliest, I should figure as much. They won’t be releasing the post-production blowout trailers with the CG robots and buildings toppling in slow motion until at least, like, nine months before.
We’ve undoubtedly been under a blitz from the set of Spring Breakers. Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson and all their pals have been tweet-picking the crap out of that shoot.
Behind-the-scenes shots, candid shots, costuming shots, kickin’ back shots and official shots – they’ve been snapping pictures of everything down there.
Not that I’m complaining. Here are the latest offerings, fresh from Ms. Gomez, who was good enough to keep her tweeps posted as to how her bikini and Vanessa’s are holding up.
They’re holding up just fine, thanks for asking. But don’t take my word for it. See for yourself, courtesy of Selena Gomez’ twitter.
Selena, looking the part of a bedraggled Breaker…
…and Vanessa, who I’m figuring as the criminal mastermind of this near-nude cadre.
Thanks to other sources, we can piece together just what kind of criminality they’re going to get up to. It seems pretty true to formula, as we’ve already surmised, for director Harmony Korine – just fortified with melodrama and spray-on sex appeal.
See, Spring Breakers is about girls going down south and going wild…
Who then get just crazy enough to break the law…
…and get slapped in shackles…
…only to become the flunkies of a drug dealer, James Franco, who manipulates them into assassinating a rival.
That sentence jump the tracks for you too? Here I was expecting some “social realism” incarnation of Girls Gone Wild, with underage hangover victims picking puke out of their dye-jobs and begging for morning-after pills from Red State pharmacies. Instead, we’re getting some hardboiled noir mixed into this margarita.
All right, Harmony. I can hang. Let’s see what else you’ve got.
I’m sure Selena will be right along with photos to address that challenge.