- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 45 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 52 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 55 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 58 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 61 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 76 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 95 days ago
No Thanos in Thor 2, More Natalie Portman Makes Things Better – Adam Warlock?
No surprise here from Marvel Boss Kevin Feige, but I’d be disappointed if we didn’t see at least a cameo. In an interview Empire Magazine, Feige outlined some general points that will be hit in Thor 2, including that we ill be seeing another side of Asgard as well as more, always welcome, Natalie Portman goodness. Earlier this month we told you about Idris Elba confirming his return as Heimdall as well as a new villain role possibly being filled by Mads Mikkelsen (though Hiddleston will return as Loki).
We’re going to see the other side of Asgard. It’s not all polished and golden in this film. And the events of Avengers will have affected Thor for sure. His relationship with Loki will continue to evolve, and the biggest part is Natalie and Thor returning with Jane Foster.
Excluding Portman, none of this is more important than Thanos, the greatest character ever. Now, if you don’t know what Thanos is about, you need to read this:
NOW! When Feige was asked about the possibility of Thanos being the villain in Thor 2, he said, “No, future, future. But there will be a major new villain. A major, major new antagonist…”. I said I’d be disappointed above because, purely as a comic book fan, we know that we saw a trinket in the Asgard throne in the first Thor movie that is synonymous with Thanos and a classic MARVEL storyline. I’d love to see some sort of minimalist cameo baby step in that direction.
As for who the villain could be, the question itself kind of exposes the relatively weak gallery Thor has. Enchantress comes to everyone’s mind because the nerds want to see the outfit. I, myself, wonder if we could see some introduction of The Him (Adam Warlock), who counts among his earliest appearance in the pages of Thor and is a central figure in both the Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet threads. He also could easily be cast initially as an antagonist, or at least something to have to be dealt with.
It’s a longshot, but Thanos and Warlock are my two all time favorite MARVEL characters, so I have my fingers crossed, though it just might be too much awesome for even MARVEL Studios to attempt. We will find out in November 2013, helmed by Game of Thrones’ Alan Taylor, when Thor 2 is scheduled to hit theaters.