- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 50 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 57 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 61 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 73 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 100 days ago
True Blood Season 5 Tease is All Tears
Have you ever missed something so badly you found yourself clinging to the side of your couch, tears pouring down your face like a river, barely able to sputter out two words? Apparently that’s what HBO thinks True Blood fans have been doing ever since the show went on hiatus in between seasons. With Season 5 just weeks away, fans are expected to dry their tears, straighten our their clothes, and act like everything is going to be okay because the vampires are coming back! I can only hope HBO is grossly overestimating just how much people like True Blood. The idea of anyone becoming that emotionally invested in a television program is disturbing. Oh, who am I kidding? I balled my eyes out when I wasn’t sure Community was coming in the fall. So, cry all you want. I won’t judge you.
Besides, the True Blood teaser is at least pretty funny. It uses various clips from show, with each showcasing a character bawling their eyes out. It’s hilarious watching them behave so emotionally without any context as to why. Add in the tagline, “Don’t cry, it’s back,” and you definitely have a winning promo video. It’s one of those teasers that don’t say a lot because it has so much faith in its fans. It doesn’t need to be anything more than it is to draw in viewers.
True Blood fans know what they like: vampires, violence, and sex. That’s all it really needs, so it can afford to poke fun at itself because it knows how appealing it is. The fans will come no matter what, so even though I can’t count myself among the show’s fans, I recognize it has something that draws in people without having to try too hard. Unless the storytelling really tanked, I can’t imagine anything stopping True Blood except the creative forces behind it.