- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 49 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 55 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 59 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 61 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 71 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 99 days ago
Vampire Diaries Season 4 – Alaric to Return?
Ever since his casting in Cult, which is set to premiere midseason on the CW during the 2012/2013 season, fans have concernes whether Matt Davis’ Alaric will be making any future appearances in Season 4 of The Vampire Diaries. I can understand the concern, but only just barely. When you take into account the midseason premiere date, you can clearly see a gap in Davis’ schedule, which would give him plenty of time to film scenes for Vampire Diaires, something the CW is more likely to do since they own both series. But if that isn’t evidence enough, how does semi-official word from Davis himself sound?
When speaking with EW.com, David said he was sure Alaric would be returning to Vampire Diaries one way or another. That’s more than good enough for me. And really, fans shouldn’t be asking to have Alaric to return so soon after the character’s demise. Give him time to be dead before bringing him back! Let it sink in. Right now, my brain can’t help but think because Elena was brought to life as a vampire that Alaric will also return from the dead (because their lives were linked). I hope that’s not the case, though the writers did give themselves an excellent way to undo his death if they chose to.
But I’m always leaning toward permanent character deaths. Unless bringing someone back serves a very specific story purpose, they should be left dead. Besides, Davis’ new show, Cult, looks so much cooler than Vampire Diaries. I’ll probably come under a ton of fire for that statement, but I’m going to stand by it. The very idea of a show with in a show with a cult following dedicated to recreating the deaths from the show is spine tingling. I’ve been looking forward to Cult since before they even cast Davis or his co-star, Jessica Lucas. If done well, it could one hell of a rush to watch every week. The only downside is we have to wait until midseason to see any of it!