- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 53 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 63 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 65 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 102 days ago
Breaking Bad Season 5 – Walter and Jesse Best Friends in New Images
In all my life, I’m not sure I have seen such a rich cornucopia of promotional imagery for a single television show, but in one fell swoop AMC has released over 30 pictures teasing the upcoming fifth season of Breaking Bad. Most of them are your typical promo images where the actors stand around looking intensely at the camera, but a couple of them have a smidge more depth to them, offering a small window into what the relationships of Breaking Bad will be like when the series returns July 15th. As always, the pictures can be found above and below this post. Soak it all in. There are quite a lot.
There are three images worth mentioning above all the rest, so I hope you don’t mind if I primarily focus on those. The first is the one at the top, the standard cast group shot. Every new season of television needs one of these. I want to draw attention to it as a reminder that Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) is no longer part of the cast – he was killed in the Season 4 finale – and his absence is felt in this image. However, I’m sure the ramifications of Gus’ death will be felt throughout the shows remaining episodes, giving him a presence despite not actually being there in person.
The other two images are very interesting to examine. The first is Walt and Jesse sitting on a couch – I think they’re watching TV – each holding a beer in hand, wearing HAZMAT suits. It would appear their rocky friendship has been repaired, but for how long? It’s only a matter of time before Jesse discovers it was Walt who poisoned Brock. The last image is of Walt and Skylar. The rift in their marriage is as evident as ever, with Skyler lying in bed, her back to Walt as he sits looking into a mirror, his back to her. You can practically see the distance and lack of communication between them.
The rest of the images are of Jesse and Walt standing in an abandoned building, and various headshots of the rest of the cast. It’s all very exciting despite just being static images. July 15th had better hurry up and get here!