- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 8 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 78 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 88 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 93 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 100 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 107 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 108 days ago
BREAKING BAD Season 5 Trailer – The Criminal Complex Slant
July 15, Breaking Bad fans! That’s the date when Season 5 ambles its way back into our lives with fists full of money, meth and tears. This horror show of modern American crime drama will be coming to a close in its fifth season, and I expect it’ll pull no punches.
This Breaking Bad season 5 trailer, though, I got to tell you – it’s more tickle than slap.
At a lean 32 seconds length, great to wedge in between reruns of Mad Men season 5, the Breaking Bad season 5 official trailer has only a few seconds of original grit. Concentrated as the product of this show is, the trailer has been heavily stepped on.
Have a glance:
Notice what mean, my fellow acolytes of Walt? Beside the scene of Walt tossing a lighter over his shoulder, a few shots of Mike being menacing, and the final sweat-down of Saul Goodman, most shots were taken from previous seasons: The prop-plane soaring for the southern border. Don Eladia hitting the drink in his swimming pool. The disposal barrel. The retirement community explosion. Hell, most of the explosions. They were all cut from Breaking Bad season 4.
So what hints are we left to get buzzed on?
Well, top of my list is Mike’s involvement. Considering the body count of previous seasons and the prevalence of everybody’s favorite gravel-voiced PI in the trailer, Mike Ehrmantraut is going to be a major player in closing out the story of the White clan. I couldn’t be happier for this. Not only is Mike the only character savvy enough to bring down Walt and Jesse, he’s also a perfect nemesis.
As we saw in season four, Mike is the ideal anti-Walt, in that he’s a family man with a grandkid and a double life. Also like Walt, Mike started off as an upstanding citizen – a cop who was so horrified by the injustice around him that he took ever-more-extreme outlaw measures to affect control over right and wrong. They’re also the most cunning of the characters on the show. A match-up between them will make for a real Gotterdamerung in the New Mexico desert.
Beyond that, the trailer is a lot of Walt being, well, bad. He scowls, he burns stuff, he intimidates Saul. I don’t think this is mere “matinee villain” window dressing. I think, given the big reveal in the Breaking Bad season 4 finale last frame, that he’s only going to get worse. Like his meth formula, Walt is getting purer and purer evil.
So, sure, the Breaking Bad season five trailer had a lot of cinematic sleight-of-hand to it. But the skin it did show was as rotten as we might hope.