- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 51 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 58 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 61 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 73 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 101 days ago
Californication Season 6 – Friends’ Janice Turns To Self-Help
All you have to hear is Maggie Wheeler’s iconic, nasally – might I add grating? – laugh and nightmarish images of Janice from Friends should be pouring into your brain. Thankfully, the only place you would ever hear that laugh is when watching reruns of Friends, because Wheeler stays far away from the character that made her famous when she does other roles. Recently she’s been seen on The Closer and Curb Your Enthusiasm, and she’s just been tapped to play a part in Season 6 of Californication. I don’t know about anyone else, but I try to pretend Janice never existed. I much prefer Wheeler’s other work.
As reported by TVLine, Wheeler will be playing the recurring part of a male-hating self-help guru. I’ve always been interested in how these women who hate men rationalize their prejudice. And that’s what it is; a prejudice. And to make her a self-help guru? That’s an interesting combination. Does she exclusively help women, turning away men with a disdainful glare and curl of her lip? And how will she behave in the presence of the world’s biggest man-whore – actual man-whores not withstanding – Hank (David Duchovny)? Apparently Wheeler’s character will become involved with Hank, but it’s unclear what that actually means.
Interestingly, this will be a reunion of sorts for Wheeler and Duchovny. The two of them have worked together in the past – Wheeler appeared in the first season of The X-Files and the movie New Year’s Day with Duchovny – and they also dated once upon a time. But that was more than a decade ago, so it’s not like its going to be relevant when they film their scenes together. The sixth season of Californication will be premiering early 2013 – an exact date will come eventually, I promise – and will also see the likes of Lost’s Maggie Grace and Jorge Garcia gracing the show with their presence for a number of episodes.