- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 45 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 52 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 55 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 58 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 61 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 95 days ago
Downton Abbey Season 3 – MacLaine’s Visit
If you’re like me you’re just scavenging for any news on the return of Downton Abbey, my favorite TV find of last year even with a second seasons that did seem to stumble from the first, or at least seemed more tried in creating its drama. One of new faces in the mix for Downton Abbey’s upcoming third season is a rather familiar one, Shirley MacLaine, whose casting as the mother of Elizabeth McGovern’s Cora Crawley, the Countess of Grantham, was revealed last March.
TVguide has delivered more details on Downton Abbey’s season 3, specifically regarding MacLaine. Martha Levinson is from Long Island, and like much of characters in the show already, is said by MacLaine to have “interesting” reactions to class and tradition.
MacLaine goes on to say that she was disappointed to not share scenes with Brendan Coyle’s Mr. Bates, who she points to as one of her favorite characters, but did particularly enjoy sharing time with Jim Carter’s Carson. Of the meeting that I think came first to fan’s minds when her casting was announced, MacLaine says of the Maggie Smith portrayed Dowager Countess, “Our characters’ relationship is probably not what you’d think,” Shirley says. “Maggie and I are both so old, we have a lot of time on us to discuss.”
I think there is some actual trepidation among viewers about how such a well known and unmistakable actor – ala throwing another Maggie Smith in - would change the dynamic that so many people have come to enjoy with Downton Abbey. I’m thinking it might be one of those wildcards that turns out to be genius. MacLaine also expressed interest in returning to Downton for the fourth season.
U.S. viewers are expected to be able to catch Downton Abbey again next January on PBS, while the UK will catch it this Fall in September.