- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 8 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 91 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 93 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 106 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 107 days ago
Fifty Shades of Grey Movie – Hardcore Writer Ellis Dreams Christian Grey
I know this is slightly dated “news” but I’m somewhat fascinated by the success of E.L. James’ novel Fifty Shades of Grey, and its apparent market penetration into not only the fans, but also other creators and creative types (not that I’m unaware that people jump at anything that looks this profitable). In the same month that Angelina Jolie, still a Hollywood heavyweight name, was rumored (just that) in the mix to direct the adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey, another quite serious name, that of a writer, really did throw his hat in the ring to write the screenplay. Credibility? Bret Easton Ellis wrote American Psycho.
Earlier this month Ellis took to Twitter for a series of tweets over the course of 2 days or so that told us of his interest, and that he was serious about it:
“Contacted my agent about adapting Fifty Shades of Grey and have heard nothing back,”
”But it’s a Saturday and Gay Pride, so: understandable.”
“Completely committed to adapting Fifty Shades of Grey. This is not a joke,”
“Christian Grey and Ana: potentially great cinematic characters.
Then finally added:
“Hope E.L. James doesn’t think I’m being a prankster. I really want to adapt her novels for the screen. Christian Grey is a writer’s dream…”
Fifty Shades of Grey has just about every young actor and actress involved in rumors of their involvement, including the likes of Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Miley Cyrus, – and obviously, and perhaps very unlikely, a lot of Twilight fans would like to see Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart (though I myself wouldn’t count out other stars from The Twilight Saga). Ellis himself has another project of his own in the works, recently landing Lindsay Lohan to co-star in his penned, The Canyons.
Who do you, THE FANS, want to play Christian Grey Anastasia Steele?