- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 46 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 53 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 56 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 59 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 60 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 76 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 96 days ago
FRANK & ROBOT Trailer Debuts
Frank Langella stars in the new film, Frank & Robot, the trailer of which debuted this week. Colour me impressed – and tangerine – I LOVE being orange, even more than impressed, FYI.
If this trailer is anything to go by, this one seems to pull of a tricky balancing act. If you can, check out the trailer, embedded below. I’ll wait.
Well, viewing that sure took you a while. I am now painted completely tangerine. Let’s continue.
Anyway, Frank & Robot stars Frank Langella as an ageing luddite in a near future who is resistant to accept the assistance of a robot helper. However, when he decides to pull off one more great heist (oh yeah, you should probably know he’s like an ex-con or something – God, I’m the worst at this – it’s like “Hey, so here’s the punchline, what’s that? I didn’t set up the pertinent information? Whatever, I’m drunk”). So – Frank, played by Frank Langella, does the whole “one more and into the sunset” and learns to love his mismatched partner – THIS TIME WHO IS A ROBOT – THE FACEBOOK KIDS WILL LOVE IT! LET’S JUST PRINT OUR MONEY ON PRESSED COCAINE!
The cast in this flick is stellar – not only is there the always reliable Frank Langella, but we’ve also got a still foxy Susan Sarandon, Six Feet Under’s wonderful Jeremy Sisto, my man – the always pissed-upon James Marsden, and the fucken great Peter Sarsgaard as the voice of Robot.
There is some sort of sweetness and also balls that seem present in this trailer. Hopefully I’m not getting too excited by this well cut trailer, but it seems to possess (fuck, I hate this term) “quirky” humour, but also some real pathos (due in large part to Langella’s great perfomance), but also a really great, biting sadness.
First-time feature director Jake Schreier is apparently not remaking Short Circuit 2, so, unfortunately, we mightn’t get an uncomfortably stereotyped blackface performance from Fisher Stevens (which is one of the prerequisites for us over here at the Complex). But, let’s not let this get us too down, as Robot & Frank has been getting decent reviews from Sundance. And when has a pretentious festival ever led us astray before?
Anyway, my soft little heart is ready for this one. To put it in layman’s terms – if this film was a girl, and seeing this trailer was meeting her at a party, I’d totally Facebook stalk her. Now I’ve cracked the elusive Gen Y market. Follow me to bullion, Frank & Robot.