- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 46 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 53 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 56 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 59 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 60 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 96 days ago
Lindsay Lohan and Grant Bowler Liz and Dick Promo Shots
I’ve mentioned my skepticism regarding Lindsay Lohan’s casting as Elizabeth Taylor opposite Grant Bowler in Lifetime’s upcoming TV movie Liz & Dick, but I also put in the effort to make it clear my skepticism could very well be misplaced. I’m guilty of letting Lohan’s past influence my opinion on this project and its potential as a career restorer for Lohan. I stand before you with hard evidence supporting the side of the argument claiming Lohan was indeed the right woman for the part, though to be fair this evidence is purely from an aesthetic value. But aren’t aesthetics the most important thing of all?
No, they aren’t. Still, the moment the promotional images of Lohan and Bowley started trickling in, any interest I had in Liz & Dick was compounded. Lohan has always been a beautiful actress, though in recent years she has certainly let herself go. When you’re in and out of jail, it’s hard to keep up appearances, so it’s understandable. Seeing Lohan all decked up in her Elizabeth Taylor costume is astounding. The transformation is truly extraordinary. It’s been a long time since I’ve been attracted to Miss Lohan, but the combination of her red dress and her black as a raven hair is definitely boiling my water, if you know what I mean.
related | LINDSAY LOHAN AND DICK FOR LIFETIME
I don’t want to let my heterosexuality take over this post, so let’s also take a look at Bowler. He’s playing Elizabeth Taylor’s man, Richard Burton. He certainly has something going on. If the real Burton looks anything like Bowler, then it’s no surprise Taylor went for him. His hair is ever so slightly tussled and suit/sweater combo is rather fetching. I can practically see the confidence oozing out him. But in the end I have to return to Lohan. It would be wonderful if she could keep this appearance forever. I was never a fan of her as a blonde – I always preferred her as a redhead – but this new dark haired look is something else. This should be explored further.