- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 53 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 63 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 65 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 75 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 103 days ago
The Newsroom Trailer – HBO’s and Aaron Sorkin in the News
It may surprise you to learn Aaron Sorkin, the scribe famous for The Social Network, The West Wing, and Studio 60, isn’t as smart as he lets on – he has a habit of tackling important issues in his writing and creating remarkably intelligent characters – yet he continues to develop some of the smartest shows on television, with his latest, The Newsroom, premiering this Sunday, June 24th, on HBO. Together with Studio 60 and Sports Night, The Newsroom is the third series developed by Sorkin to be about live television, which he would describe as “romantic.” And he doesn’t stop there. Not by a long shot.
Like The Newsroom’s main character Will McAvoy – a news anchor that discovers he wants to be a bearer of truth rather than an impartial third party – Sorkin has a surprising amount to say about things that matter to him. He sat down with Vulture for one of the longest interviews I have ever seen. I seriously feel bad for whoever had to transcribe it. But it’s one hell of a read. Sorkin goes into great detail about himself and his work. He freely admits that, while he writes about politics and the media often enough, he actually has little understanding about what he talks about. He’s just a good bull shitter. He knows how to sound smart and he certainly fooled me.
Also out on the Internet is the latest trailer – seen below – for The Newsroom. Like the ones that came before, this trailer gives the impression of a heart pounding drama taking place solely in this newsroom. It could just be clever editing, but I hope it’s not. What I see in these trailers is exactly what I want to see when I watch The Newsroom this weekend. Anything less will be a disappointment in my eyes. I may still enjoy it, but this is what I want, without a doubt.