- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 51 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 57 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 61 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 73 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 101 days ago
Benedict Cumberbatch Double Dips on The Simpsons
Benedict Cumberbatch is quickly becoming one of Britain’s most talked about actors thanks to his staring role as Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock and his casting as the villain in the upcoming Star Trek sequel and doing the voice of Smaug the Dragon in The Hobbit. Just saying his name makes you sound like a more interesting person – that’s the power of Benedict Cumberbatch. His talent is on another level, which is why he was given two separate roles on an upcoming episode of The Simpsons. He has way too much awesome going on for a single part.
related | SHERLOCK A DOCTOR WHO MASTER?
The story of how Cumberbatch came across the parts is a great example of how amazing it would be to live a single day in his life. As reported by Mirror, Cumberbatch was having a meeting at the same place The Simpsons happens to record its dialogue and he overheard talk of a part in a fall episode. Being Benedict Cumberbatch, he simply walked over and asked if he could record the lines for the part. And when Cumberbatch asks for something you give it to him! Do you undestand that? Anything. It doesn’t matter what it is. No questions asked. And so he recorded that part and one other. The first will be the Prime Minister – I’m assuming the British one – and a snake-like character.
His episode will be called “Love Is a Many-Splintered Thing.” I can’t really comment on what the plot of the episode will be about, but I can say the title is a play on the title of a 1955 movie, “Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing.” Whether or not they have any relation beyond similar titles is something that won’t become apparent until more information on the episode is released. The Simpsons has a habit of doing vague parodies, and in it’s heyday was quite good at it. No matter how this episode turns out, all that will likely will be remembered of it was Cumberbatch’s soothing voice.