- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 51 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 57 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 61 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 73 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 101 days ago
DEXTER Teases By Exposing His “Dark Passenger”
Dexter is one of those shows that has attained almost as much ridicule as it has praise. Now the Complex is here to even that score. As the show has steered itself further and further into parody as it continues well past its logical end point, and is now even more like a soap opera/tabloid than ever: “I’M IN LOVE WITH MY SERIAL KILLER BROTHER!”
With the double whammy of reveals at the end of the show’s sixth season of Deb discovering that Dexter is a serial killer, and also Deb’s realisation that she wants to fuck Dexter, interest in the show is the highest it’s been in years. Like another Showtime series, *cough* Weeds *cough*, Dexter has stayed well past its welcome, arguably stagnating after its second season, however, with both series, Showtime seems to have realised this and will be wrapping both up soon. Weeds will be wrapping up this year, whereas Dexter will use two seasons to finish up its story.
To prove that they’re totes serious – for reals this time! – about finishing the show, Showtime has released two near identical teasers for Dexter, designed to get people all a’flutter for the show. The first is called “My Dark Passenger Exposed,” which is something Dex will have to be careful with – I got community service last time I did that in public. Let’s have a look:
Yep. With this oddly sexual imagery, it suggests that the sibling-fucking storyline isn’t going anywhere in a hurry (yay?) and it seems certain that they are going to definitively address the fact that Deb knows Dexter’s secret, with the speedy efficiency that the show is known for… over the next two years. The promos seem to be asking the viewers “will Dexter fuck Deb or murder her – OR BOTH?”
The show has always been pretty goofy, but if they’ve managed to prove anything over the last few years, it’s that they can always manage to get goofier. Hopefully they can bring back that feeling of goofy fun from earlier seasons, rather than goofy tedium of later seasons. Adding to the slightly uncomfortable nature of the romantic subplot is the fact that Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter (Dexter and Deb, respectively) were married, but divorced before the beginning of the sixth season. But, like the pros they are, they will no doubt handle the quasi-incestuous love for your serial-killer sibling with the dignity such plotting demands.
Whatever the case, just like every fan of the show, we here at the Complex are just hoping that most of the season is devoted to romantic subplots involving Batista.
Dexter returns on September 30th.