- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 51 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 58 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 61 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 73 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 101 days ago
Fifty Shades of Grey – E.L. James’ List: No Robert Pattinson or Kristen Stewart
For fans, particularly Twilight fans, E.L. James’ reaction to the idea of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart being cast in the upcoming adaptation of her worldbreaking Fifty Shades of Grey novel is not the greatest endorsement if wanting to see the duo take on the roles of Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey, the steamy central characters of Fifty Shades of Grey. Apparently, while at the UK Fifty Shades of Grey fan event, James was quoted as saying, “I think it would be too strange! It would just be .. Uggh weird!” when asked about the possibility of the Twilight tandem taking their on screen (and possibly off-screen) relationship to the next level.
She stressed that she had her own personal list of ”about 4 people in mind for Anna and 3 for Christian”, but that she wasn’t allowed to talk about it, or the film in general that much. Even as hot as her property is right now, burning up the book sales both traditional and digital, and that it would probably be fastracked, she’s correct in saying this film is still pretty far off unless announcements just start piling up soon (maybe something at next week’s Comic Con?). There is – by her words – not even a producer yet, and even though there have been offers by name writers, no script. Obviously, there is no director yet either, though Angelina Jolie’s name was floated out there very early.
None of this changes the rumor mill, in some cases perpetuated and fanned on by stars themselves, regarding the eventual casting of Anastasia and Christian. Recently. One young star, pretty little Lucy Hale even mentioned she might be more of a fit for a role outside of the big 50 Shades two. Kristen Stewart herself has talked about Fifty Shades of Grey on multiple occasions, including reading some bits and talking about the roles with Chris Hemsworth.
I’ve been somewhat slow on this piece because I can’t tell who the original sources are, with so many people obviously aggregating content and not crediting (it could also be a case of multiple people on hand filing the same thing) or are crediting sites that are obviously not the sources either (reaggregating the reaggregators and such) it’s been kind of a pain. Since I wasn’t there I can’t really speak on how she said what she did about Pattinson and Stewart, though some have called it “emphatic” – though I also suggest that’s a very common headline term (it’s not nearly as interesting if it wasn’t emphatic, after all!).
What say you Twilighters and Fifty Shades of Grey fans? Are you relieved by the word from James? Disappointed? Don’t care? Who are your choices now, sans Pattinson and Stewart?