- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 8 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 91 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 93 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 106 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 108 days ago
Fringe Season 5 – The Observers are Coming Trailer
Fringe is making a very bold move by jumping forward in time 20 years and putting the entire planet under the control of the omnipresent Observers in its fifth and final season. We first saw this future in the Season 4 episode “Letters of Transit,” but it left many a fan scratching their head. This was due to the episode appearing randomly toward the end of the season without any context. Now that context is clear: the show’s ending lies in that future. “Letters of Transit” was merely softening the landing for Season 5’s time jump. At the time I thought the episode was out of place, now I couldn’t imagine the series without it.
related | FRINGE SEASON 5 TEASE – OBSERVE!
In the Comic-Con trailer below, we get a good look at what’s to come in Season 5. Peter, Walter, Astrid, and Olivia – and possibly William Bell as well – will be playing the role of insurgents in this Observer controlled future. Joining them is Peter and Olivia’s grown up daughter Henrietta and all signs point to an epic conclusion. We’re not quite sure how they plan to fight back against the Observers – they’re humans from a far off future who destroyed their Earth and came back in time to take ours – but we do get a few hints.
We’re a shown a clip from “Letters” of Walter using anti-matter to destroy a building, hopefully hinting toward a return of the substance as a weapon. Peter also suggests turning the tables and starting a few fringe events of their own. I can only guess what kind of crazy stuff they could do to shove a wrench in the Observers’ plans. They certainly have a massive knowledge of weird things thanks to all the cases they’ve worked, and Walter knows fringe science better than anyone. I just hope they don’t accidentally destroy the world! Though I’m sure if anyone does that, it won’t be the good guys.