- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 47 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 54 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 57 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 60 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 61 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 69 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 76 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 97 days ago
Full of Ideas – Vince Gilligan, Western, Saul Goodman Spin-off, BREAKING BAD Finale
Everybody – and by that I mean, me and those wise enough to share my interests – wants to know where creator of Breaking Bad, Vince Gilligan, is going next with his television career. The guy’s hardly a greenhorn, having handled numerous episodes of The X-Files and The Lone Gunmen, but he’s a newcomer and a wunderkind when it comes to showrunning. Breaking Bad was his first baby, and what a beautiful kid it’s proven to be.
So the talk about town is, since Breaking Bad‘s death date has been set, where’s Gilligan setting sail for next? Some media outlets, Collider, are so eager to discover what career ideas Vince has that they’re cramming them into his head and then asking about them.
Now amongst the internets are rumors of a spin-off involving Saul Goodman, Breaking Bad‘s shifty attorney, talk of a Western and ominous rumbling about season five, episode five, Breaking Bad.
I’ll bite on the last serving of scuttlebutt. It has substance. Vince knows what he wrote, and if he says Walt’s world is going to explode into a “great caper episode,” then consider my blast-shield down.
On the other rumors, it sounds more like smoke blown, first from the Collider rumor mill, and then out through an agreeable Gilligan. The tenor of the interview, conducted at the Saturn Awards, was a lot of, “wouldn’t it be great if you did X-and-so,” with Vince replying “Sure would.”
If you want to pan through the whole thing to find a golden nugget, be my guest. But to me, beyond the bit about Breaking Bad episode 5-5 being especially bad-ass, there’s nothing really revealing. Here’s how it distills:
On the possibility of a Western: Vince Gilligan loves New Mexico, particularly the sky, and would also like shooting a western there.
On the possibility of a Saul Goodman series: Vince Gilligan has heard absolutely nothing about that, but now that you mention it, he thinks that is an all right idea.
So there we have it, Walt fans. Vince Gilligan may or may not be doing anything of the above, but he welcomes your contributions.