- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 8 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 91 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 93 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 106 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 108 days ago
Grey’s Anatomy Season 9 is Taking a Page from the Glee Handbook
I can’t help but wonder if Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes is aware of what Glee is doing to shake up its episodic format for its fourth season. I can only assume she had no idea Glee was splitting its stories between two locations, otherwise why would she go and make the same creative decision? That’s right, folks. Grey’s Anatomy’s Season 9 will split its focus between Seattle Grace – the main location since the first season – and a brand new hospital. Now I look forward to comparing the two shows to see who handled the format change best. I’m putting my money on Grey’s simply because Rhimes knows this show so well and usually knows exactly what she’s doing.
Grey’s is even using the same excuse to justify to the split – we’re following those that decided not to stay at Seattle Grace at the conclusion of Season 8, just as Glee will follow Rachel as she heads off to New York City. But, aside from revealing we’d be going to a new hospital, Rhimes would not tell TV Guide much else, including the location of the second hospital. And in case you were wondering, the finale, which left several doctors stranded in the woods after a plane crash, will be followed up on, but not quite in the way you would expect.
When Season 9 premieres, the show will have jumped forward in time two or three months. Everyone that was lost in the woods is back at work and dealing with the aftermath of the situation. Meredith will naturally be struggling after the death of her sister, Lexie, while Derek will have to deal with not being able to perform surgeries thanks to the injury he suffered to his hand. But Episode 2 will send us right back to the plane crash and show us the rest of what happened before the group found their way back to civilization or were rescued. It’s certainly an interesting way to tell the story and I hope it pays off.