- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 50 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 57 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 60 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 72 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 100 days ago
Hawaii Five-0 Season 3 Gets An Award Winning Mom for McGarrett
The best possible scenario when casting the mother of the lead character of a television series is to look for someone recognizable, preferably who has won an award of some kind. If all that is really true – and not just nonsense I made up – then Hawaii Five-0 has struck the jackpot by casting Emmy and Academy Award winner Christine Lahti as Steve McGarrett’s mother. If you can honestly tell me you don’t know who Lahti is, then you need to queue up a few seasons of Chicago Hope and see this wondrous actress at work. Seriously, go do it. You won’t be disappointed, I guarantee it. McGarrett is lucky to have a mom like her. Well, sort of.
According to TVLine, Lahti’s role as Doris McGarrett will be of the utmost importance in Season 3, and she’ll be making her debut in the premiere, which picks up the second where the Season 2 finale left off. Doris was revealed to be the secret identity of Shelburne, who caused a lot of trouble in Season 2, so I’m sure McGarrett was less than thrilled to learn his mother was behind the name. Peter Lenkov, showrunner of Hawaii Five-0, explained that Doris wouldn’t be all that different from her son, which comes as no surprise to me.
Hawaii Five-0 has built a strong following, and manages to reward its fans with an intense and exciting storyline that has managed to exceed many viewers expectations of what a crime procedural can do. If the trend continues, Season 3 will be just as good and the show could end up lasting years, long past the point of living up to expectations. I’m extremely pessimistic when it comes to long lasting television, and with Five-0’s ratings I can easily see it going for another seven or so seasons, much like CSI and NCIS. Those shows often outlive their usefulness, but that’s just how television works.