- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 8 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 91 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 93 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 106 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 107 days ago
HOMELAND Teases Electroconvulsive New Season
As I’ve written about before here at Criminal Complex, Homeland is one of those shows that I just didn’t expect much from when it debuted last year, but was pleasantly surprised by one of the ballsiest (why don’t we use female genitalia to discuss toughness? Labia are far more robust and tough than flimsy testicles) – one of the most labiatic – best written and plain fucken fun shows of the year. So, with the new season premiering September 30th, Showtime has begun with some teasers.
It’s hard to discuss the show without giving away spoilers from season one, so just avoid this trailer and the rest of this article if you wanna stay fresh, and just trust us that Homeland is one of the best shows going on TV.
So the teaser hasn’t given us much, other than promising to continue all the great threads from last year. Which is fine by us here at the Complex, as it was pretty fucken aces all around. Homeland follows Claire Danes as a CIA agent who suspects that a returned POW, Brody (played by Damian Lewis), has been turned by his captors. The tensioned ratcheted up all season, and this show just seemed confident enough to upend its status-quo every few episodes. Once it was revealed (seriously – SPOILERS, kids) that Lewis’ character had indeed been turned and was planning an attack, instead of diffusing the tension that was built up around that question, the show changed, and became even better.
By the end of season one, Claire Danes’ schizophrenic character, who ends up doubting her own beliefs about Brody, has ECT help her illness, realising right before the therapy begins that Brody is indeed a traitor. And, of course, they’ve already teased that the ECT can damage her memory… It sounds so soapy when typing it briefly, but it’s so fucken smart, and labia-tastic, that it just works.
This new teaser does exactly what it’s name implies – teases us with the implications of Danes’ ECT, and whether she’s going to remember that Brody is indeed a moustache-twirling traitor. And good gravy, I cannot wait to find out.
Homeland opens its second season second on September 30th, and opens the labia in my heart right now.