- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 48 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 54 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 58 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 60 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 70 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 98 days ago
Lady Gaga To Make Feature Film Debut In MACHETE KILLS
This lady is ga-ga for grindhouse! Sorry. It’s true, though.
Lady Gaga has been added to the headline-grabbing cast of Machete Kills, joining Mel Gibson, Charlie Sheen, and lead Danny Trejo for the second installment of the ultraviolent grindhouse series. Gaga will play a character called La Chameleón. The scope of the role is not yet clear, but it’s a safe bet she won’t be playing Machete’s geometry tutor, though that would be hot.
One quirky actor after another on this thing. I’ve been trying to come up with an analogy that captures the way Robert Rodriguez is casting Machete Kills, and with this latest bit, I think I’ve finally done it. Robert Rodriguez is casting Machete Kills the way Al Davis built the Oakland Raiders rosters of the 1970′s. That’s the good news. The bad news is that Robert Rodriguez is also casting Machete Kills in the same way Al Davis built the Oakland Raiders rosters of the early 2000′s. The only difference is that at no point do you really get the sense that Robert Rodriguez is trying to win.
I suppose the idea of garnishing a cast with high-profile personalities isn’t completely new to Rodriguez. He used this approach to a lesser extent on the first Machete, with the additions of Steven Seagal and Lindsay Lohan (certainly more so in the case of the latter than the former). Indeed one of the bigger grins of Machete is the battle between Seagal and Trejo, and it would’ve been nowhere near as fun with, say, Jet Li.
I must say that this latest piece of news from Deadline has me wondering what comes next, which is a step up from the fit of eye-rolling that the news of Charlie Sheen’s casting provoked upon my reading it. It’s not that I’m any particular fan of Gaga, but the sheer proliferation of batshit personalities on this picture is definitely rendering it the most fascinating sideshow currently in production.
As of now, there is no release date for Machete Kills.