- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 48 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 54 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 58 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 60 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 70 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 98 days ago
Nick Offerman Breaks Laws To Confuse You Into Seeing His New Movie
Consider your movie sold to me, Nick Offerman. Already a hero around these wild internet frontiers for his work on Parks and Recreation, Offerman has imbued his gruff, authoritarian, no-bullshit onto an adoring web-based audience who seem to be the exact types of people who he is criticising with his down to earth approach to life. So, it’s safe to say, he won’t read this and I can say whatever I like about how he probably thinks I’m a giant stud and is intimidated by my manly arms that type big words on the internet.
Promoting his new film, Somebody Up There Likes Me, Offerman has created one’na them viral internet videos the kids are talking about. And, thankfully, rather than actually talking about what the film is about, it just features Offerman, his IRL partner (and Somebody Up There Likes Me co-star) Megan Mullaly, and Community’s Allison Brie, smoking bongs and talking about the futility of making viral internet videos to promote their film. Basically, the same tactic I used to do most of my homework at high school and uni, and also when writing for Criminal Complex [Lies - we only endorse smoking Ice - CC Legal Department].
Whoa, super meta. Although, I’ve gotta say, this is far more charming, funny and cool than most videos that are trying to do this. It even opens with Offerman talking about pitching his idea of smoking bongs in a video getting shot down for legal reasons. I’m not completely up-to-date with the legality of smoking weed in all the different states of North America, but I believe that its current status is “awesome,” and is less frowned upon than murder/burglary.
My favourite thing about the video is that I know nothing about the film, and that after looking it up on IMDB, I still have no idea what it’s about, but am fairly certain that Allison Brie isn’t even in it, but just turned up to get high and be cute. Mission accomplished.
So, with their reckless law-breaking (maybe) video, Offerman has officially become the president of PARTYING DOWN, which, as we all know, means that the USA will award him Canada to preside over.
No telling at this stage if Somebody Up There Likes Me has anything in common with the pretty rad Paul Newman man-out-of-prison-boxing flick from the ‘50s, but I’d like to imagine it does, with Offerman naturally stepping into the role of Pier Angeli – “JUST STOP THE VIOLENCE, BOYS!” he yells, watched only by the stoned internet audience he somewhat frowns upon, like a disappointed father, as we flex our cool arm muscles and definitely do practical worthwhile things with our time, Mr. Offerman.