- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 48 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 55 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 59 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 61 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 71 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 98 days ago
SKYFALL Images Show Bond Riding Hard
After a rocky few years with the bankruptcy of studio, MGM, James Bond fans will be glad to see the secret agent finally back on screens, with Skyfall opening November 9th.
Now, while I’m all for kicking arse, gunfights and a great big bouquets of bullshit (all staples of the Bond diet) I find the movies themselves to be pretty hit-or-miss. And I fucken loved these movies as a kid. Sean Connery is still my man, and nothing could change that. Nothing at all.
Ah, for fuck’s sake… It’s like giving Grandma brandy and bringing up Indigenous Australians… Now that was an uncomfortable river boat gambling cruise… Enough about my boring family.
Kinopoisk and C7nema have gotten images for the upcoming Daniel Craig-starrer that seem to come from the same scenes, with Bond riding a beat-up motocycle, reloading a gun in a crowded market, and also images of one of the film’s villains, Ola Rapace riding a motorcycle. From the images, it’s easy to see that Craig and Rapace are on some sort of motorcycle themed date, and that Rapace has left clues for Bond around the city, with the final clue likely leading to Rapace, some roses, classical music and several bottles of red wine. We’ll have to wait for official comment to confirm what can only be inferred for now.
Skyfall continues the soft-reboot of the Bond franchise brought about with Casino Royale. Now, Casino Royale was insanely popular, and well regarded by the fans. I remember being extremely unpopular at the time by not really getting into it, but it’s probably due for another shot – as I really love Craig as Bond. The next film, Quantum of Solace, was just not very good, unfortunately. All that being said, I’m actually pretty jazzed about Skyfall – the early teaser trailer was fantastic, and did just enough to get me excited, and Sam Mendes just seems like a really, really smart choice for director this go-around. The glossy, pithy, well-shot worlds he creates, and he will surely bring his near-fetishistic attention for detail and homoerotic spectacle that the Bond franchise is known for and the fans demand.
But, I suppose we’ll have to wait until later this year to see if it’s any good, and how Bond’s sexy date goes.