- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 49 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 56 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 59 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 61 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 71 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 99 days ago
Videogame DEUS EX To Become Movie – CONTINUE? YES/NO
Deadline has reported that, because they firmly understand the reason people play videogames, CBS Films has begun the early stages of developing a film version of the hit videogame series, Deus Ex. The games are set in a future world rife with terrorism, intrigue, moral ambiguity and cybernetic enhancements. When the first game launched in the year 2000, it was notable for the amount of freedom it allowed the player. Storylines would change and adjust depending on the decisions you made. This level of freedom made the experience unpredictable, and made the player feel like they were truly in charge of the game. Presumably, CBS saw this and decided “Yeah, let’s make it like that game with all the choice, but make all the decisions for the audience”.
While Deus Ex has a reasonably interesting world, it was more just a riff on several other science-fiction narratives, rather than bringing much new to the genre. But, as French political thinker Alexis de Tocqueville famously said, “In a democracy, people get the multi-platform entertainment they deserve.”
Already, Deus Ex fans can be heard bellowing loud yawps of relief, many saying things such as “Thank god I can put down this controller – I found the degree of control I exerted to be detrimental to my enjoyment. I don’t actually like all these buttons and playing the games, it would be much better if I could just watch someone else do it.”
No real details have emerged in terms of when we can expect this, who will be involved in bringing it to you, or how much cocaine they could potentially buy with the money this will make them, but you’ll be sure to find out when we do.
In the meantime, I must go – I have a CBS executive coming to my house now to describe a peach I was hoping to eat, to save me the trouble of actually eating it.