- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 45 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 52 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 55 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 58 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 61 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 76 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 95 days ago
BOSS – Kelsey Grammer Flexes At Presser As He Promotes Season Two
Series star eschews humility, takes call phone call from wife during panel at TCA.
If you turn down the AC and the television and crack open a window in the wee hours of the morning, you can hear staff members at the Criminal Complex headquarters singing the praises of Boss. We’re fans of the show, is what I’m saying, and in particular, fans of the dimension that Kelsey Grammer has brought to the role of fictional Chicago Mayor Tom Kane in the series’ inaugral season. The premiere of Season Two will serve as a sort of early start to the holiday season to at least a couple of us.
With that premiere just a couple of weeks away now, Grammer is being wheeled out onto the publicity tour, where his performance has, thus far, been somewhat less inspiring. Case in point, the Boss panel at this year’s TCA where, according to Deadline, Grammer chose to dazzle the gathered press by fielding a phone call from Mrs. Grammer. Oh, the hilarity that ensued as Grammer made plans with the wife in front of a crowd of people who were not there for his autograph, but rather to make a living.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, after the hijinks, Grammer got down to the business of discussing Tom Kane’s arc for the coming season. “Tom…has discovered there are gaps in his life he’d like to fill in or at least try to. He realizes he’s not a fully realized human being and only has so many avenues to explore to make that different.”
Whatever lies along those avenues, the Complex is hopeful that Kane’s journey will capture the interest of audiences, or there may not be a third season. Ratings for the show’s first season were, by all accounts, disappointing in spite of critical raves and a Golden Globe win for Grammer.
We will begin to get an idea when Season Two begins on August 17th.