- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 7 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 89 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 91 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 106 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 107 days ago
Criminal Minds: Paging Ray Wise to the Operating Room
An expert at playing creepy killers, evidenced by his time as Laura Palmer’s killer on Twin Peaks and Satan on Reaper, it was only a matter of time before Ray Wise joined Criminal Minds’ rogues’ gallery of murderers. And if I do say so myself, the character they have him playing has the potential to be as twisted as they come, so long as they’re willing to really push the character to the limits for optimal creepiness. It might make some viewers squirm, but that’s the point. Who wants to watch a killer that isn’t unsettling in his methods of killing? If you’re going to do a crime show you might as well make every bad guy as memorable as you can, and these days the only way to do that is to make them as deranged and inhuman as possible.
Wise will appear in Season 8’s fourth episode, suitably titled “God Complex,” because according to TVLine his character is to be a doctor who operates on his patients without their consent. Now, this is where things can get twisted or boring; what sorts of operations is he performing? Are we talking run-of-the-mill surgeries, the kind you would see in regular hospitals? Does he stalk his victims, discover what ails them and then cuts them open to fix them? If that’s his agenda, can you really call them victims if he’s helping them?
More likely he’s performing more illegal surgeries, taking out valuable organs to sell on the black market. But that’s boring, and not nearly demented enough. If this guy is to be considered a real threat he needs to be performing some serious messed up operations. I’m talking about sowing someone’s feet where their hands should be and vice versa. How about attempting to give someone two heads? Yes, it sounds really sick and perverse, but it would be so much more entertaining than the other two options.