- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 47 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 54 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 58 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 60 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 61 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 70 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 76 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 97 days ago
Elementary: Are Craig Bierko and Molly Price Murderers?
The fall season’s new Sherlock Holmes series, Elementary, is sure to bring in a number of curious viewers based purely on its premise – I’ll get to that in a bit – but more is needed beyond a quirky set up. For a Sherlock Holmes show to work you need very interesting guest characters to highlight the various cases Sherlock will have to crack. A sure fire way to go about finding the absolute best is to pluck the most memorable actors and actresses from other shows. The fourth episode of the freshman series has done just that by snagging Craig Bierko and Molly Price of Boston Legal and Third Watch respectively.
As reported by TVLine, Bierko will be playing Fowkes, the imposing CEO of a big time Wall Street financial firm. He’ll be involved in a murder investigation because, well, this is a Sherlock Holmes story. There’s almost always a murder. And Price will be right by his side as his Donna, Fowkes’ trusted executive secretary. Are either of them actually involved in a murder? Who knows? If it’s a true Sherlock story, things will be much more complicated than they first appear. Fowkes could likely be a red herring in the investigation, but that doesn’t mean he’s entirely innocent. Perhaps he’ll have a different kind of skeleton in his closet.
Elementary will be a very different reimagining of the classic Sherlock Holmes stories, and not because it takes place during modern times. It’s hardly the first work of fiction to modernize Sherlock, but it is the first time Dr. Watson has been played by a woman, in this case Lucy Liu. That would make Elementary’s Watson Dr. Joan Watson. As you can imagine, the change will attract some curious viewers, but it is essentially the same role. More will be needed to draw viewers in than just a change of gender for one of the main characters. Solid stories and well cast guest actors will be what makes Elementary a success.