- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 8 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 78 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 88 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 93 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 100 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 107 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 108 days ago
Grey’s Anatomy Is Planning Yet Another Wedding
After eight years being on the air, I find it a little hard to get excited over the idea of yet another couple tying the knot on Grey’s Anatomy, yet creator Shonda Rhimes seems to think teasing a wedding in the upcoming ninth season of the show is actually a tease. When you consider how many of the show’s couples – Derek and Meredith, Cristina and Owen, Callie and Arizona – have been married, I can’t help but to roll my eyes at even the mention of another wedding. Big or small; it doesn’t matter. This is not an event I will ever be excited for again. I think it’s great for the characters, certainly, but it’s no longer something that will excite me in a personal way.
As Rhimes told TVLine, the couple taking the plunge will do so at some point in Season 9, but would not say which couple. As I was saying, does a fourth wedding really entice anyone beyond slight amusement? Weddings and baby-birthing stories are similar in that the more you have of them in a series the less they matter. At least that’s the way I’m looking at all of this. It’s like in The Office when Jim and Pam were having their second child. Was that anywhere near as newsworthy as their first? No, of course not. Now imagine if they had had another two children. It would be a little grating, wouldn’t it? Can you feel your eyes rolling at the mere idea? That’s how I feel about this fourth wedding.
But the question remains, which couple is likely to get married? The obvious choices are either Bailey and Ben or Jackson and April, but we shouldn’t count Alex out just yet. Rhimes has mentioned Alex is starting to find his romantic footing again and may find a new love interest this season. However, I have a hard time imagining him getting married so soon after just meeting a new girl.