- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 7 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 89 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 90 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 105 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 107 days ago
Katy Perry Above Judging on American Idol?
I cannot express to you the giddiness I felt to hear Katy Perry turned down $20 million to be a judge on American Idol. Over the last couple of seasons, Idol has been seeking veteran musicians and singers to loom over the contestants and give them either helpful advice or scathing criticism. We’ve enjoyed the talents of Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez, both of whom have left the competition, and now Mariah Carey has joined the show as a new judge. Hearing Katy Perry tell it, she might believe taking a job with Idol is a sign of a career dip, though she’ll never say it quite like that.
According to TMZ, Perry was approached with an offer $18 million, but the amount was increased to $20 million when Perry showed no signs of caving in to Idol’s relentless advances. Perry allegedly turned down the offer, not because she wanted more money, but because of her busy tour schedule – and let’s be frank, the girl works a lot – and a point of view that being a judge on Idol may not be a smart career move for her at this time. I cannot help but see that reasoning and think what she’s really trying to say is she feels her career is just getting started and doesn’t need to sink so low as to start doing singing competitions.
If that is Perry’s position – I doubt she’s ready to admit it even if it is – it’s a tad rude. Jennifer Lopez may not be the hot, young thing she used to be, but her career has hardly died down. She had to leave her judge position because of her touring schedule. On the other hand, what have Steven Tyler and Mariah Carey done lately that is worth noting? Tyler is still working with his band, Aerosmith, but they are hardly as big as they used to be. And Carey? Well, let’s just say it’s been a few years since she’s had a song break the top ten in the US.