- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 9 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 78 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 85 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 88 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 94 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 100 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 107 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 108 days ago
NCIS Rocks You With Michael Des Berres
A little rock and roll never hurt anyone, yet for some reason or another crime procedurals inevitably put together an episode featuring a weathered rock star, although I can only think of a handful of shows that buckled down and actually made him/her the perpetrator. Even Fringe, with all its sci-fi craziness, has done aged rocker story and did so using Christopher Lloyd. Now it’s NCIS’s turn to tackle this particular branch of crime fiction. How will it be any different from the others? Well, in all likelihood it won’t be, but that won’t necessarily stop it from being entertaining. It just needs a good rocker, and they couldn’t have picked a better one.
According to TVLine, actual rock star-turned-actor Michael Des Barres, formerly the front man of the 1970s band Detective, has been tapped to play NCIS’s one-hit wonder. The show has chosen to go the all-washed-up route with Barres, having his character burn through all the earnings he made from his big hit in the ‘80s and is now maneuvering his way around creditors like a pro. Now, at this point we can’t say with any certainty that Barres’ character is at all tied to the episode’s crime, but should he end up a part of it, it won’t seem so out of the blue. Barres most iconic role was that of the villain Murdock in MacGyver, making him more than capable of playing the bad guy of a crime show.
You can expect to see Barres rocking out on camera in Episode 3 of Season 10, set to premiere Tuesday, Sept. 25. Barres’ other credits include episodes of Suits, Bones, My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star, and Melrose Place. Can any guess how many times he’s had to play former rock stars? Interestingly, he’s also appeared in JAG, the original series NCIS is a spinoff of. In fact, he was on JAG twice as two different characters. In the shared NCIS and JAG universe, there must be a bunch of people who look like Barres.