- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 52 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 62 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 65 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 102 days ago
Behind the Scenes of Dexter Season 7: “Everything’s Changed”
As disenchanted as Dexter has made me over the last couple of years, I’m having a hard time suppressing my excitement for Season 7. And this new behind the scenes video isn’t helping me at all. My biggest problem with Dexter has been its insistence on almost never wavering from the status quo, but when Deb stumbled upon Dexter committing that final killing last season, everything changed. Status quo is out the window because for once somebody knows what Dexter really is and the show can’t just gloss over it without some serious work involved. Everybody who’s ever found out about his Dark Passenger has disappeared, either because they died or simply left Miami, never to return, but Deb can’t just go away without anyone noticing.
And that’s what this video shows us. We know things are going to pick up right where Season 6 left off, and Michael C. Hall explains how Deb’s discovery fundamentally changed the show’s landscape. Deb is a lieutenant; she follows the rules and this threatens her world. It’s going to affect her in strange ways, especially considering her supposed love for Dexter. The amount of stress it will put on both of them will be unimaginable. How they deal with that stress will be the most interesting, I think, to watch. Dexter will want to indulge his Dark Passenger, but that will be hard with Deb keeping a closer eye on him.
So what happens when Dexter starts to feel like Deb is keeping him from carrying out his work? He truly believes what he’s doing is important – he’s very self-righteous – and may lash out at Deb to defend his murderous cravings. This season will be Dexter backed into a corner, which makes him a very dangerous man. And he doesn’t feel guilt like regular people, which makes him even more dangerous. Without a conscience, there’s nothing to stop him from permanently silencing Deb.