- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 7 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 89 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 91 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 106 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 107 days ago
The Lowdown on Downton – Downton Abbey Season 3 Gay Crime, New Help, Poverty, and Vacation?
I’m always on the hunt for anything Downton Abbey, my favorite current show on television, and what I thought was just going to a be a promo image look at a new character over at TVguide turned into a bunch of new information! Of course, you did get a look at the new Matt Milne (pictured) as the new Downton footman taking the place of the recently promoted Thomas, who assumed the role of valet now that Bates is going through his issues, a situation you can see in one of the promo images released last week. Milne plays Alfred, who is also kin to a possibly slightly reformed troublemaker, O’Brien. Apparently the word is that Alfred’s serving style clashes with Carson. I wonder if that means O’Brien is going to try dislodge Carson, now that Thomas may have more of the Lord’s ear. I kind of doubt it though because Lord Grantham and Carson seem relatively tight.
Thomas might have his own troubles, however, as his sexuality is going to be put into a big picture theme when he makes advances on someone (a new character) who isn’t feeling him. This type of advance, according to showrunner Julian Fellowes, was illegal.
The best news is the word of a season 3 finale that’s a vacation episode. I loved the Christmas special and the idea of the Downton crew on the road, in a fresh setting, seems like a great change of pace to move to wrap up what will without doubt be a dramatic/tense season. The sisters-Crawley (hopefully Sybil will be back with them!) hitting new turf just sounds great!