- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 51 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 58 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 62 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 64 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 82 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 101 days ago
Vampire Diaries Season 4 Gets the Gold Medal for Best Gabby Douglas Cameo
It seems the only thing bigger than meeting an actor is meeting an Olympic medalist, at least that’s what I can gather from the general excitement I’m getting from the cast of The Vampire Diaries. Ever since she arrived on set to film a guest appearance on the CW show, the Twitter-sphere has been filled with pictures and tweets about two-time gold medalist Gabby Douglas. I myself have never been that enamored by athletes and their accomplishments, even Olympic athletes, but Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder just seemed completely floored to be able to meet and act alongside Douglas. I guess I have my priorities mixed up. So whom is Douglas going to be playing in her primetime acting debut?
Well, to be honest I have no idea. All sources, like E!, have been able to tell us is Gabby will not be playing herself – unlike Ryan Lochte on 90210 – and the part is a nonspeaking cameo. Now, cameo is a very vague word. It could mean she’ll only pop up in the background of a scene, ala Conan O’Brien on How I Met Your Mother, or she could be right in the middle of the action, but just never have any lines to say. At least we know which episode she will appear in: Episode 7, which filmed last week.
If you get to peruse the Twitters of Dobrev and Somerhalder you’ll see a few interesting tweets. Along with the above picture, Somerhalder tweeted ““Eating Gabby’s gold medal! Yummmmmmm…” Creepy? Not really. Just Somerhalder being Somerhalder. Dobrev displayed some of that awe and wonder I’ve never felt for athletes in her tweet, which went a little something like “First thought at 530am when I woke up this morning: “What to wear when meeting an Olympian Gold Medallist?” She also posted a picture, seen below. I wonder if Douglas will use this brief spot on Vampire Diaries to leverage a healthy acting career, or if this was just a “for fun” thing and she’ll return to winning medals for being way more in shape than I am.