- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 8 months ago
Vampire Diaries Season 4 Gets the Gold Medal for Best Gabby Douglas Cameo
It seems the only thing bigger than meeting an actor is meeting an Olympic medalist, at least that’s what I can gather from the general excitement I’m getting from the cast of The Vampire Diaries. Ever since she arrived on set to film a guest appearance on the CW show, the Twitter-sphere has been filled with pictures and tweets about two-time gold medalist Gabby Douglas. I myself have never been that enamored by athletes and their accomplishments, even Olympic athletes, but Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder just seemed completely floored to be able to meet and act alongside Douglas. I guess I have my priorities mixed up. So whom is Douglas going to be playing in her primetime acting debut?
Well, to be honest I have no idea. All sources, like E!, have been able to tell us is Gabby will not be playing herself – unlike Ryan Lochte on 90210 – and the part is a nonspeaking cameo. Now, cameo is a very vague word. It could mean she’ll only pop up in the background of a scene, ala Conan O’Brien on How I Met Your Mother, or she could be right in the middle of the action, but just never have any lines to say. At least we know which episode she will appear in: Episode 7, which filmed last week.
If you get to peruse the Twitters of Dobrev and Somerhalder you’ll see a few interesting tweets. Along with the above picture, Somerhalder tweeted ““Eating Gabby’s gold medal! Yummmmmmm…” Creepy? Not really. Just Somerhalder being Somerhalder. Dobrev displayed some of that awe and wonder I’ve never felt for athletes in her tweet, which went a little something like “First thought at 530am when I woke up this morning: “What to wear when meeting an Olympian Gold Medallist?” She also posted a picture, seen below. I wonder if Douglas will use this brief spot on Vampire Diaries to leverage a healthy acting career, or if this was just a “for fun” thing and she’ll return to winning medals for being way more in shape than I am.