- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 4 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 1 month ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
Vampire Diaries Season 4 Gets the Gold Medal for Best Gabby Douglas Cameo
It seems the only thing bigger than meeting an actor is meeting an Olympic medalist, at least that’s what I can gather from the general excitement I’m getting from the cast of The Vampire Diaries. Ever since she arrived on set to film a guest appearance on the CW show, the Twitter-sphere has been filled with pictures and tweets about two-time gold medalist Gabby Douglas. I myself have never been that enamored by athletes and their accomplishments, even Olympic athletes, but Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder just seemed completely floored to be able to meet and act alongside Douglas. I guess I have my priorities mixed up. So whom is Douglas going to be playing in her primetime acting debut?
Well, to be honest I have no idea. All sources, like E!, have been able to tell us is Gabby will not be playing herself – unlike Ryan Lochte on 90210 – and the part is a nonspeaking cameo. Now, cameo is a very vague word. It could mean she’ll only pop up in the background of a scene, ala Conan O’Brien on How I Met Your Mother, or she could be right in the middle of the action, but just never have any lines to say. At least we know which episode she will appear in: Episode 7, which filmed last week.
If you get to peruse the Twitters of Dobrev and Somerhalder you’ll see a few interesting tweets. Along with the above picture, Somerhalder tweeted ““Eating Gabby’s gold medal! Yummmmmmm…” Creepy? Not really. Just Somerhalder being Somerhalder. Dobrev displayed some of that awe and wonder I’ve never felt for athletes in her tweet, which went a little something like “First thought at 530am when I woke up this morning: “What to wear when meeting an Olympian Gold Medallist?” She also posted a picture, seen below. I wonder if Douglas will use this brief spot on Vampire Diaries to leverage a healthy acting career, or if this was just a “for fun” thing and she’ll return to winning medals for being way more in shape than I am.