- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 52 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 59 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 62 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 65 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 68 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 81 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 102 days ago
Sheldon and The Big Bang Theory Waves Welcome Back Flags For Wil Wheaton and LeVar Burton
Star Trek: The Next Generation is going to be playing a big part in an upcoming episode of The Big Bang Theory thanks to the return appearances of Wil Wheaton – this guy just cannot stay away from this show – and LeVar Burton. Both actors are well known for their Next Generation roles as Wesley Crusher and Geordi La Forge respectively, but I’ve noticed they have more fun these days playing themselves. Wheaton has made many appearances on BBT as himself, although it’s more of an evil caricature. And who doesn’t remember Burton’s brief guest appearance on Community? So what brings them back to Big Bang Theory?
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sheldon will revisit his web series, “Fun With Flags,” in the November 8 episode. In it, he’ll be taping a very special episode of “Fun With Flags” where he explores the various flags of the Star Trek franchise. The web series first appeared in the fifth season and simply shows Sheldon studying flags. It’s pretty riveting stuff. And since it’s a Star Trek themed episode, why not bring in Wheaton and Burton? Just how will they be implemented? I can’t see Wheaton doing a guest appearance on Sheldon’s show, you know, because they hate each other. Maybe he seeks to sabotage it and brings Burton along for the ride.
Wheaton has been a reliable source of comedy over the years. His weird rivalry with Sheldon has held up well and I’m interested to see how it will work with Burton in play. Of course, that’s assuming the two share scenes and story together. They could show up coincidentally and never have anything to do with each other, but it would be better to have them together to maximize the potential of two Next Generation alums appearing on the show in the same episode. You’d have to be completely moronic not to pounce on that opportunity.