- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 7 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 83 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 89 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 90 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 92 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 105 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 107 days ago
Castle Casting Round Up: Patrick Fischler Runs from Tony Denison, Chris McKenna Geeks Out
It’s time for a Castle Casting Roundup! In the past week or so we’ve seen a number of roles filled in Castle’s fifth season. The first two are part of a very intriguing episode, “After Hours,” set to air Nov. 19 and it’s with these two guest stars that I will start this roundup.
As reported by TVLine, Patrick Fischler and Tony Denison will drop by to fill in parts of a murder investigation with ties to a well-known crime family. Fischler plays Leo Conrad, your Average Joe who just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and witnessed a murder. Castle and Beckett will take Leo on the run for his protection from the ruthless gangsters hot on his trail. In case you couldn’t figure it out, the crime family wants him dead to keep him from talking. And Denison will play Mickey Dolan, one of the enforcers of the McElroy crime family and a friend of the murder victim. At least, he was friends with him until they had a falling out. Now, whether that means Mickey is the murderer is not clear, but it sure seems like a possibility. I would assume, at the very least, Mickey is one of the guys sent after Leo. I have feeling this episode won’t end without the death of either Fischler or Denison’s character.
Our other casting announcement concerns Chris McKenna – not to be confused with the former Community executive producer, who is a totally different guy. This McKenna’s past is interestingly tied to Castle star Nathan Fillion. They both played Joey Buchanan on One Life to Live at some point in the show’s run – McKenna was the second Joey, while Fillion was the third. McKenna will, according to TVLine, play Simon Wesport. He appears in the show’s upcoming Comic-Con-like romp as a superfan of Nebula9, the sci-fi show which figures heavily into the episode. It could turn out Simon is romantically involved with the victim of the episode.
McKenna tweeted the above the photo, featuring himself with Fillion, saying “Just a couple of Joeys at work.” Now isn’t that just the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?