- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 48 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 55 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 58 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 61 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 62 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 70 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 77 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 98 days ago
Fringe Season 5 Hires Jill Scott to Play Olivia’s Oracle
Fringe has been a little different in its final season. Okay, so it’s been a lot different, but we knew that was coming so we might as well embrace this new incarnation of the show and enjoy it while we have it. And it most certainly has been enjoyable, at last becoming the great sci-fi epic I always knew it could be. It excites me to hear the weird and strange happenings are not going to cease, but they will be more focused as the show heads toward its ultimate goal: defeating the oppressive Observers. But to do that, Olivia will need to pay a visit to a woman who looks an awful lot like singer-actress-poet Jill Scott.
Okay, she actually is visiting singer-actress-poet Jill Scott, but she isn’t going to be playing herself. No, according to EW Scott will be playing the mysterious sounding Simone, “an incredibly intuitive woman, an oracle-like person.” Olivia will seek out Simone in an upcoming episode still early in the show’s final season. Why does she need the help of this woman? Search me, but it might have to do with Olivia’s latent cortexiphan abilities. They’re still there, even if she can no longer use them. Perhaps she goes to Simone to relearn how to access them so she can use them in the fight against the Observers.
And more importantly, why is there even someone who can be called oracle-like? That makes it sound like she’s knowledgeable in things most people wouldn’t be. How did she come to know what she knows? Anything is possible in Fringe, which is super cool and what I love about the series, but it makes trying to guess someone’s past that much harder. There could be a million reasons for why Simone is so helpful. She could be from another universe, the future, or a scientist pushing the boundaries of understanding, much like Walter does. Whatever the answer, I’m just glad to be along for the ride.