- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 49 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 56 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 59 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 62 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 63 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 71 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 78 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 99 days ago
Grey’s Anatomy – Patrick Dempsey Explains Why McDreamy Hasn’t Left the Show
Patrick Dempsey is a good-looking guy. I know it, you know it, and your mother knows it – she probably knows it better than any of us. It should go without saying if Dempsey were to walk away from Grey’s Anatomy, many of its fans would wail in protest over losing such an attractive asset to the series. If fact, for a while in the summer, it seemed like Dempsey might not return, but he ended up signing on for a further two seasons, beginning with the current ninth season. That’s a lot of time to invest into a show. A lot of actors choose to part ways with a series after X amount of seasons, but Dempsey seems content to coast along in the ride he’s got rather than go out and find a shiny new one.
When asked about why he decided to add an extra two years to his time on Grey’s, Dempsey told TVLine it all had to do with job security. He could’ve easily severed ties with his Derek Shepherd character to look for something new to play, but why give up a good job when there are no guarantees of finding another one in the TV industry? Grey’s has certainly slowed down in its later years, but it is still a highly watched hour of television.
Dempsey also opened up about what it was like to lose Eric Dane, who played Derek’s best friend Mark. He said there was “an empty feeling” to losing a cast member. But that loss won’t bring down Derek too much, especially since he andMeredith (Ellen Pompeo) are finally going to have some serious romance this season after years of fighting. Expect sex between the two, but don’t look forward to a wedding. Dempsey doesn’t see Derek and Meredith tying the knot until the very end of series. Speaking of the end, Dempsey imagines the series ending in a simple way, far away from the traumatic events that usually plague the characters. And there should be room left open for a movie.