- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 50 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 57 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 60 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 63 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 64 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 66 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 72 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 79 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 100 days ago
Michael Bay’s The Last Ship Sets Sail with Rhona Mitra
The Michael Bay produced drama, The Last Ship, is picking up speed now that its cast its first actress to accompany Grey’s Anatomy’s Eric Dane. For a post-apocalyptic series, you need people capable of playing strong characters so it makes sense Rhona Mitra would be approached to play the project’s first female. She definitely has the experience thanks to her time spent on Strike Back, but this is a whole different ball game. With Michael Bay’s name attached to the project, one can only hope that doesn’t mean the strong female characters will be overshadowed by the alpha males that will surely pop up. So far, based on what’s been said about Mitra’s character, we won’t have to worry about that too much.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, Mitra will play Rachel Scott in the pilot. She’ll be strong-willed, to the point and without fear, which is saying something considering she’s a paleomicrobiologist. With a job like that, you’d think she’d be more stereotypically nerdy and an all around pushover of a scientist, but that does not appear to be the case here. One can only assume she’ll be working alongside Dane’s character, Tom Chanler, who is the commanding officer of the USS Nathan James.
The Last Ship is based on the William Brinkley novel of the same name and tells the tale of the crew of a naval destroyer following a global catastrophe. Most of the Earth’s population has been wiped out and the crew of this ship find themselves in very different world from the one they once knew. The pilot is being produced for TNT, where it would feel right at home alongside a show like Falling Skies. The potential series sounds like a interesting idea, but I’m rather skeptical of how it might hold out in the long haul. It sounds more like a typical Bay movie than a long lasting series, but who knows how things might turn out.