- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
Body of Proof Puts Lorraine Toussaint Up Against Dana Delany and Mark Valley
Things are about to get a tad tougher for Megan (Dana Delany) on Body of Proof when it returns for its third season next year, as if things weren’t already as difficult as they could possibly get. She’s a television character in a drama. By the very definition, her life needs to be dramatic. If obstacle after obstacle isn’t thrown in her way then there really isn’t any point in us sitting on the couch – or reclining chair if that’s your preference – and watching her life. The latest obstacle for Megan comes in the form of a very familiar Saving Grace actress: Lorraine Toussaint.
We can expect Toussaint to be hanging around for at least a couple of episodes according to the Hollywood Reporter. Her multi-episode role will put her in the shoes of Angela Martin, the police chief who will go up against Megan and newcomer Tommy Sullivan (Mark Valley). Why, exactly, is the chief of police is on the cases of a couple doctors? The obvious answer is their involvement in a murder case that required a body to be examined, but that seems too simple. Unless they’re deliberating messing with the investigation, why would a chief’s gaze fall on them in more than a cursory fashion? Unless, it’s Megan and Tommy who are suspicious of Angela Martin! Oh man, is she a dirty cop? That would be interesting to watch, and make more sense in terms of dramatic story telling.
Body of Proof is returning midseason with Season 3 on ABC. Thus far, there is no premiere date, but I’m sure that will come soon enough. Toussaint has quite an impressive list of TV credits, including such fan-favorites as Grey’s Anatomy, Friday Night Lights and NCIS. Her latest film, Middle of Nowhere, won the Directing Award for U.S. Dramatic Film at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival. You can expect Toussaint to appear in the middle of Body of Proof’s third season.