- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
New Game of Thrones Season 3 Poster As Unforgiving As Stone
Boom! March 2013 is a little over four months away, but you don’t have to wait for today’s teaser poster reveal for the next addictive season of Game of Thrones on HBO. You can see it now. The art work is cold, dark and made of stone, but it gets its point across. Dragons, kings and wildlings return on 03.31.13. The repetition of the number three is also very fitting. It is, after all, season three that we’re waiting on pins and needles for. I like the swords worked into the image. If it revealed more than just a release date, the image wouldn’t look bad on a Game of Thrones sweatshirt.
The new season promises to delve into the same goings on from the first half of the novel, “A Storm of Swords”. That was the third book in George R.R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” series.
In related news, I discovered that star Kit Harington may be getting his disaster on in a Mt. Vesuvius themed movie, which would be a lot like Titanic in that there would be a love story unfolding as the volcano erupts. The film is the brain child of Resident Evil director Paul W.S. Anderson and tentatively titled Pompeii. I like the idea. How about you?
Furthermore, actress Alexandra Dowling is rumored to have won the small role of Roslin Frey, with Lord Frey’s great-grandson, Black Walder, possibly to be acted by Tim Plester. Beware the house of Frey!
Of course, we already reported that musicians Will Champion and Gary Lightbody were joining the cast. They belong to Coldplay and Snow Patrol respectively. And how is this for amusing? I just realized both bands have wintery titles. That must be a United Kingdom thing. Ciarán Hinds will play Mance Rayder. Filming for season three has taken the crew to Croatia, Iceland and Morocco.