- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 52 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 58 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 62 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 64 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 65 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 67 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 74 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 80 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 82 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is Chaotic in New Teaser from HBOPosted 102 days ago
Annabelle Wallis Snags Original Bond Girl Part in Ian Fleming Biopic
In case you haven’t yet heard, Sky Atlantic and BBC recently announced they would be throwing together a four-part biopic on the early life of James Bond writer and creator Ian Fleming. The character of James Bond is an iconic one and is very close to the hearts of many, and not just in the UK where he originated. Who can say they have never seen a James Bond film? Or played one of the many 007 video games? And let’s not forget the many novels Fleming wrote starring Bond. They are, after all, the genesis of everything we’ve come to associate with the name Bond. So of course a biopic makes sense. I’d almost venture to say it’s necessary. And now I would like to report Annabelle Wallis is joining the cast of this biopic.
Wallis was chosen to play the role of Muriel Wright, according to Deadline, a woman whom Fleming had a love affair with and whom is said to have been the very inspiration for what we now know as the Bond Girl. The biopic, which is being produced by Ecosse Filmes, is simply being called Fleming and will hold nothing back in its depiction of Fleming’s life during his tumultuous time living in WWII London. For someone who did not grow up during the time when the Bond character began its spread into public consciousness, it will be interesting to see Fleming’s early life and the circumstances that led him to write the first Bond story. Sure, I could probably find out from Wikipedia, but movies are just more fun.
Mat Whitecross will be directing the script penned by John Brownlow and Don MacPherson, with production set to begin in Budapest next month. BBC Worldwide will be distributing the biopic internationally. Wallis is just coming off the BBC period series Peaky Blinders, co-starring Cillian Murphy. She was also recently cast in the UK indie Hello Carter.