- Game of Thrones Trailer Has a Taste For VengeancePosted 2 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones: Nathalie Emmanuel Promoted For Season 5Posted 3 weeks ago
- Go Behind the Scenes of Game of Thrones Season 4Posted 3 weeks ago
- Get Excited Over Game of Thrones Season 4 Photos!Posted 4 weeks ago
- Game of thrones Season 4 Trailer: Don’t Expect Any JusticePosted 2 months ago
- HBO Announce Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere Among OthersPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones: Get A Good Look At The New MountainPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 months ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 6 months ago
We Finally Have A Date With Arrested Development
Okay, so maybe you wouldn’t want to date any of the Bluths in real life. Michael can’t escape his unusual family. George Senior is married and can’t seem to stay out of prison. Gob thinks he’s a magician. Buster is, well…Buster. He has mommy issues. And George Michael is in love with his cousin. That doesn’t mean you won’t love the chance to invite the stars of Arrested Development back into your home for some more laughs.
It seems like we’ve been hearing rumors about new seasons and a film deal for the hysterical Bluth family for months and months, but finally, today, I’ve got some concrete news for fans of Arrested Development. The exciting TV Line scoop revealed that the show’s “revival” will premiere at lost last this coming May.
Apparently sometime last week the more specific date of May 4 was tossed around, but Netflix said it wasn’t true. So you can’t mark your calendars just yet, but know that the series return is within sight and will happen sometime in May.
As I reported previously, the show’s come back has been bumped up from an original ten episode run, to what will now be fourteen episodes. You can’t beat that with a stick! And get a load of this impressive list of the guest stars we’ll see. Liza Minnelli will reprise her flirtatious role as Lucille Austero. Conan O’Brien will appear, as will John Slattery of Mad Men, Chris Diamantopoulos of 24, actress Isla Fisher from Wedding Crashers and Terry Crews of Everybody Hates Chris.
But wait, there’s more! When the series returns, the format will be different and somewhat innovative. Creator Mitch Hurwitz explained, “The only way we could get everyone together for what we’ll call, loosely, an anthology series, was to dedicate each episode to a different character’s point of view. That became a fun, entertaining challenge, because we started finding out that the stories would intersect…. So, you’ll see a scene in one [episode], and then you’ll see a scene again from the other perspective [in another episode] where you’ll get all this new information.”
Star, Jason Bateman added, “Exclusive to the format that Netflix provides for us… you can watch a portion of Michael’s episode and then click over to Lucille’s episode.” So, theoretically the project is “one giant, 700-minute Arrested Development,” Hurwitz joked.
A film is also still being planned, and it is one which would be directly related to the new episodes. Bateman defined the episodes set to debut in May, “basically just the first act of what we hope to continue and complete in a movie, which would be Act 2 and Act 3.”
The best thing perhaps about Netflix is that all 14 episodes will be available at once. No waiting!