- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 8 months ago
Boondock Saint Becomes Dexter Season 8 P.I.
Norman Reedus, one half of the infamous Boondock Saints, is a much loved mainstay on The Walking Dead. Yes, crossbows are sexy. Now his big screen twin brother, Sean Patrick Flanery, is headed to another dangerous TV series for the next season of Showtime’s Dexter. Hey, serial killers are as nasty as zombies sometimes.
Flanery’s new role is a “major” recurring spot, Deadline announced.
In season 8 of Dexter, he’ll play Jacob Elroy, an ex-cop turned private investigator. He’s the head of his own outfit in Miami.
There is some speculation over whether season 8 could be Dexter‘s last. I don’t want the show to end, but as any series nears the 9 year mark, it is usually time to consider how to wrap things up. A decade is a long time to dedicate to portraying one character. In Dexter‘s case, season 7 could already be felt closing the loop so to speak. Things long past resurfaced, such as Deb’s memories of the ice truck killer. Of course Dexter’s adopted sister learned the truth about him last season and also had questions about Rita’s death. LaGuerta even succumbed to long held feelings that Doakes was ever the bay harbor butcher. In a way it was a miracle, and good credit to the show’s writers, that the whole series didn’t go up in smoke the second Debra learned Dex’s secret.
On the other hand, season 7 saw very high ratings, which could encourage everyone involved to keep the series afloat.
Showtime’s entertainment president David Nevins said, “I think I will clarify before Dexter goes on the air for this next season (in June)… There’s a clear end game in place.” Oh my. That means there is a game plan for just how Dexter says good-bye. Will he be killed? Will he wind up in prison? I can’t wait to find out.
Sean Patrick Flanery was also a star of Saw 3D and played the villainous politico Greg Stillson on Stephen King’s Dead Zone.