- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 9 months ago
How Many Canadian Celebrities Can You Fit into One How I Met Your Mother Episode?
For the fourth time, How I Met Your Mother is embarking into Robin’s Canadian pop star past and it looks like it could be final time. After the last venture in Robin Sparkles territory – Season 6’s less than pleasing “Glitter” – we’re due for a better class of episode, and we just might be getting just that considering some of the big names attached to guest star in the upcoming episode. “P.S. I Love You” is bringing back a few big names from earlier episodes, one of who appeared in the last great Robin Sparkles installment, “Sandcastles in the Sand.” You can catch a glimpse of these famous faces in the new promo photos.
The episode follows the usual plot points of the three preceding Robin Sparkles episodes: Barney uncovers a buried relic from Robin’s past and can’t help but show it off to everyone. In this case, he finds a lost episode from a Canadian TV show, Underneath the Tunes, which featured the teenaged Robin when she was still a pop star, as well as interviews with other famous Canadians. In the photos we can see Alex Trebek, Jason Priestley and Luc Robitaille. But more importantly than that, we have the wonderful James Van Der Beek returning as Robin’s ex Simon, and he looks just as loserly as he did back in Season 3.
Interestingly, Van Der Beek appears to sitting down with Barney in a Tim Hortons. I wonder why. Could it have anything to do with the final Robin Sparkles video, where we finally learn what events sent Robin from being a pop star to being the gun-toting, cigar smoking, scotch swilling warrior woman we know her as now. One of the pictures shows Robin in a much darker outfit than we are accustomed to seeing her in. Maybe she tried to do that whole “I’m a grown up” thing and matured too fast. Maybe she tried out a different genre of music and it ruined her career. I can’t wait to find out either way.