- Game of Thrones Reveals Identity of Styr, Casts Yuri KolokolnikovPosted 4 weeks ago
- Game of Thrones Season 4 Adds British Actor Joel FryPosted 2 months ago
- Game of Thrones Recasts The Mountain A Second TimePosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Secretly Casts Michiel Huisman To Replace Daario NaharisPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Casts Joseph Gatt In Secret Role; Likely Playing StyrPosted 3 months ago
- Game of Thrones Snags Sherlock Co-Creator Mark Gatiss for Mysterious RolePosted 5 months ago
- Game of Thrones Crowns Spring’s Most Downloaded ListPosted 6 months ago
- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 6 months ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 8 months ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 8 months ago
MARVEL S.H.I.E.L.D. Teases Through Twitter
So… Imagine you are Joss Whedon. You’re well loved by millions of comic book junkies and Buffy buffs. You just had a very successful 2012, thanks in part The Avengers blockbuster, which you co-wrote with Zak Penn. Your new focus for the moment is a little TV show for ABC called S.H.I.E.L.D. Your spare time is probably very little, but when it does come, what do you do with it? Why not Tweet excruciatingly “vague” images from the ABC set for your world of faithful Whedonites to mull over?
That, my friends, is exactly what Joss has done. We’ve got three cool, but spoiler-free photos from the man with the plan to share with you on this fine day. The come from the Twitter account of his S.H.I.E.L.D. co-writer, Maurissa Tancharoen. Yes, filming for the oh so awesome pilot has begun. We see a mysterious silhouette of Mr. Whedon in one picture. What’s the director-writer-producer looking at? What is he doing standing all alone, almost god-like? The answer is, we have no idea.
In another photo we see an uber modern military-style S.H.I.E.L.D. truck. This baby is perfect for the black ops operative on the go. It kind of looks like a hummer with a truck bed in the back. The awesome S.H.I.E.L.D. logo is in place, of course, looking like a black bird of prey.
Last, but not least, in this impromptu photo diary is a close-up of Mr. Jed Whedon’s chair on the set. Jed is Joss’s brother and he’s working with him on the new series.
If you are scratching your head wondering what S.H.I.E.L.D. is exactly, worry not. That’s why we’re here. In the Marvel universe, S.H.I.E.L.D. agents a hard core military style police whose job it is to keep the super hero community under control. In the comics they are led by Nick Fury, who, in the recent Marvel Comics movies, such as the aforementioned Avengers film, is acted by Samuel L. Jackson.
What do we know about the show thus far? Clark Gregg will star as Agent Phil Coulson, reprising his role from the movies. He oversees field operations and we have no clue how the series will explain his recent death by the hands of Loki in Avengers on the big screen.
ER‘s Ming-Na Wen will play Agent Melinda May, a very fine pilot and weapons expert. Elizabeth Henstridge is Agent Gemma Simmons, a life sciences expert, well versed in both human and alien phisiology, which will likely come in handy since the Marvel-verse includes various alien races. Iain De Caestecker will play Agent Leo Fitz, a techie who works very closely with Gemma. Brett Dalton will act as Agent Grant Ward. He’s antisocial, but deeply moral. And lastly, Chloe Bennet is Skye. She’s tough, but I also have a feeling she’ll deliver some comic relief.