- Time is Running Out for the Future of Game of ThronesPosted 8 days ago
- HBO Grants Game of Thrones Epic Season 4Posted 77 days ago
- Dispute Gets Game of Thrones Actor The Tyson VS Holyfield TreatmentPosted 84 days ago
- Game of Thrones: George R. R. Martin Makes a Cameo in Season 4Posted 87 days ago
- Jon Snow & Ygritte Get Cozy In Game of Thrones Portraits!Posted 90 days ago
- Watch The Newest Game of Thrones Trailer!Posted 91 days ago
- Game of Thrones Season 3 is a Beast Waiting to be StirredPosted 93 days ago
- Game of Thrones Recap: Get Caught Up On Season 2Posted 99 days ago
- Game of Thrones Extended Season 3 Trailer Has Bears, Sex, Flaming Swords and Everything ElsePosted 106 days ago
- Game of Thrones: Shadowed Cast in New Season 3 PostersPosted 108 days ago
The CW’s Carrie Diaries Casts Former Sex and the City Actors
Nadia Dajani once played Nina Katz, Aiden’s post-Carrie girlfriend. Yes, pretzel girl, that’s correct. And Noelle Beck played Mr. Big’s first wife Barbara on Sex and the City. These two actresses are returning to the world of fashion and gossip. Both have just been cast in the prequel series, The Carrie Diaries.
This is more than a little weird when you really think about it. It’s like we’ve entered a time warp. But it is also good news for these actors. Both ladies now have recurring roles on the CW series. In the defense of logic, the actresses are not reprising Sex and the City roles. That wouldn’t make sense because they would have to be younger, since Carrie Diaries is a prequel. instead they have new roles to sink their teeth into.
According to TV Line, Dajani, who has also appeared on Ned and Stacey and The Big C, will play Deb, a saucy lady who begins a secret relationship with Carrie’s widower father, Tom. I take it Tom would like this to stay a secret, too. Matt Letscher plays Tom.
As for, Beck, she has been seen on As the World Turns and Cashmere Mafia. She will play Ginny, Sebastian’s mother. She’s a little odd and isn’t always there for her child. She’s very no holds barred as far as talking about sex with her son very candidly. Sebastian is acted by Austin Butler.
The Carrie Diaries stars AnnaSophia Robb as the young Carrie Bradshaw, growing up in the 80′s. Stefania Owen plays Dorrit Bradshaw, Carries troublesome little sis. You can catch the show on Mondays on the CW. It is still in it’s first season and is produced by Gossip Girl producers Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage. Former Sex and the City writer Amy B. Harris also wrote the prequel, which is adapted from the Candace Bushnell book.